About Air Liquide Healthcare
Our purpose is to protect lives through innovative healthcare products, services and support
Air Liquide Healthcare provides medical products and services that help protect vulnerable lives across the UK and Ireland. Globally, Air Liquide supports over 40,000 patients with diabetes through the provision of equipment and related support and clinical services.
We are the authorised UK distributor of the Tandem Diabetes Care innovative t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump. The latest version of the t:slim X2™ features Control-IQ™ Technology – an advanced hybrid closed-loop technology designed to help increase time in range, as measured by CGM, by predicting and helping prevent both highs and lows.
To be seen as a partner to the NHS who delivers a quality, value for money service and who enables their patient’s needs and priorities to be met. We do this by working collaboratively and by always putting the patient at the centre of everything we do, ensuring that we deliver a safe, equitable, consistent and reliable service to all of our patients.
To bring value to the NHS through continued safety, innovation, high quality, cost effectiveness, ethical behaviour and supportive dialogue with all of our patients, customers and suppliers.
Air Liquide Healthcare UK represents;
- Over 15 years experience
- Over 40,000 patients supported
- Over 200 highly qualified, committed staff
Safety and environment
Air Liquide Healthcare is committed to the safety of its patients and employees and to the protection of the environment. Both of these are priorities within our business.
We have an annual plan which sets out our environmental, health and safety objectives and we hold regular reviews and updates against the plan throughout the period ensuring it is implemented and maintained.
Our responsibilities and aims are to:
- Prevent polluting releases to the environment
- Provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and working conditions
- Have emergency procedures to minimise any effects on the environment
- Make available, supervise and encourage the use of all necessary protection equipment and safety devices
- Provide training and instruction to ensure safe and environmentally friendly working practice
- Report incidents and near misses that affect the environment in a timely manner
- Provide and maintain close contact with each employee in order to assess their fitness for carrying out their job safely and without detriment to their health
Air Liquide Healthcare is committed to safeguarding children and adults across the organisation. The welfare of the people who come into contact with our services either directly or indirectly is paramount and all our staff have a responsibility to ensure that best practice is followed, including compliance with statutory requirements.
As part of our commitment to safeguarding we have appointed a Safeguarding Information Officer and have a Safeguarding Policy which is linked to local NHS authorities where we provide services.